XParallax viu is a free software tool for automated astrometric data reduction of astronomic CCD images.
It helps astronomers to perform an accurate astrometric reduction of dozens ore even hundreds of images which can be used in subsequent data analysis process. Fit headers generated by this software are fully compatible with other commonly used image utilities like SAO DS9 or Aladin Sky Atlas.
This program was developed as a part of the Valencian International University's masters in astronomy and astrophysics.
Screenshot of the interface
How to acquire it
It is free software: you can copy, share use and redistribute it for free in any medium or format. Download latest version by browsing this link.
- Read FITS (32 bit floating point, 8, 16 and 32 bit integer).
- Edit FITS headers.
- Powerful and easy-to-use user interface.
- Batch image calibration.
- Automatic astrometric reduction and reference star selection. Automatic rejecting of non suitable stars.
- Automatic align and blink images.
- Minor Planet Center utilities.